26 May How to Participate in a Clinical Trial
Participating in a clinical research trial can be a huge step towards regaining a favorable quality of life. Follow these steps to start making a positive change!
- Realize that your symptoms are negatively affecting your quality of life: Chamomile tea, yoga, and mindfulness cannot cure a disorder but seeking professional help can make you feel better.
- Call and Schedule an appointment: Decide on a time for a no-cost, no obligation, initial appointment where you will privately discuss your concerns.
- Learn more about the trial that is the best fit for you: We will give you information about the clinical trials but we know you are going to have questions. Do your own research and put together a list of questions you want us to answer. We are here to help you feel more comfortable with the trial and understand your own personal experiences with the disease.
- Enroll in the trial: If your current treatments aren’t working, it is worth your time and effort to try out the most recent treatments available to you. It is important to remember that self-medication is not a remedy for a disease. Upon enrolling, you will receive a personalized diagnostic evaluation, including a physical exam, an electrocardiogram, and lab work.
- Update us on your progress: Every person is different; your progress will be unique to you. You may be able to call in your progress updates or you may be asked to come in for interim visits to the clinic. Either way, we will be accessible to you at all times.
- Finish the trial: By participating in this trial, you have made a big leap towards improving your quality of life.
- Receive two to three months of no-cost aftercare treatment: As a thank you for participating in the trial, we offer no-cost aftercare treatment with our physician.
Diseases are not signs of weakness. You have the power to seek the care necessary to improve your quality of life. Call the Institute for Advanced Medical Research at 770-817-9200.